Helpful Hints for Moving Into Our Storage Facility:
1. As you move into your storage unit, it is a great idea to make an inventory list of your goods. We have lists available at the office. Please feel free to ask for one.
2. Place large items in first and build to them.
3. Store sofas and mattresses on end (NOT SLEEPER SOFAS).
4. Remove legs from large tables if possible. They will take up less room if they are broken down.
5. Use refrigerator shelves to store blankets & pillows.
6. Defrost refrigerators and freezers at least 48 hours prior to storage. Place activated charcoal found at pet shops in the bottom, and have something to block the door open.
7. Drain all washing machines and garden hoses.
8. Remove all gasoline and oil from lawnmowers and place heavy paper or cardboard under them.
9. It is not recommended to store clothing in closed plastic.
10. We recommend a paper or cloth covering be placed over clothing and upholstery items.
11. Place any loose items in the middle or back of unit away from the door. Small items may fall against the door and make it difficult to roll the door up.
12. Remember to place Christmas items in the front. This sure saves a lot of digging later on!
13. Do not cover items with plastic as moisture may collect and could possibly cause mold and mildew.
14. SMILE! The hardest part (packing) is done. Now, with a little bit of luck and a lot of patience, it will all fit.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT STORING YOUR GOODS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COME TO THE OFFICE AND ASK US. WE’RE ALWAYS GLAD TO HELP.